Assisted Living Jackson, Michigan
Assisted living in Jackson, Michigan is a lifestyle that promotes independence and well-being with supportive services and personal care.
Assisted Living is not a nursing home. It is ideal for older adults who want to maintain independence but may require supportive care. Assisted Living in Jackson, MI provides personalized help with daily living activities including bathing, dressing, personal care, and medication assistance. Live in your own apartment while enjoying chef-prepared meals, transportation, housekeeping and maintenance services, planned social, fitness and recreational activities. For those who are feeling isolated living at home, or when home care becomes a burden to schedule, and relying on family, friends and outsourced services are not enough, assisted living is a great option.
Pros of assisted living Jackson, Michigan:
- Opportunities to socialize. For adults who are mostly capable of taking care of themselves and love spending time with their peers, this living situation is the dream. Dining halls, recreation areas and scheduled group activities offer ample social time.
- Maintenance-free living. Assisted living residents don’t have to worry about maintenance, laundry or even housekeeping — it’s all provided.
- Flexible levels of care. Most assisted living communities have multiple tiers of care to accommodate residents with various needs.
Cons of assisted living in general:
- Adjusting to policies. For seniors who are used to fully autonomous living, adjusting to the rules and policies of assisted living communities may present some challenges.
- Insufficient for moderate dementia. Some seniors with moderate dementia fly under the radar, and assisted living arrangements don’t always have the necessary systems in place to provide adequate support.
Countryside Grand Assisted Living Jackson, MI
Countryside Manor Assisted Living Jackson, MI
Assisted Living Amenities
24-Hour Emergency Pendant, 24-Hour Staff
Our assisted living apartments offer great peace of mind, providing beautiful housing with several levels of assistance available to you. Apartments range from 376 to 996 square feet and are equipped with an available 24-hour emergency call system. This isn’t your typical assisted living facility, it is an assisted living home, community and family.
A Fun and Inviting Assisted Living Activity Program
From ballroom dancing classes to art lessons with acrylic paints, the possibilities are endless. All activities are open to all residents, regardless of where they live on campus. We also provide FREE on-campus transportation so you can enjoy a fulfilled assisted living lifestyle.
Three Meals Daily
We welcome guests of assisted living residents to join us in our dining rooms. Just purchase a meal ticket at any front desk. Our dining rooms offer open dining and delicious meals prepared by our chefs. They are open from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm.
Respite Care Available
At John Ganton’s Countryside in Jackson, we understand that seniors and their families may find themselves in an unexpected or urgent situation. This can be relieved by joining us at Countryside Manor, Countryside Grand or Brightside Assisted Memory Care.
What is Respite Care?
Respite care refers to a commitment-free, temporary stay in a senior living community. This usually is in an Assisted Living or Memory Care apartment. Residents joining us at Countryside for a respite stay enjoy the benefits of nursing oversight, medication management, fine dining, daily social activities and 24-hour caregiver response. All of this comes without the stress of contracts, down payments, or a rush to make a move from their home. Learn more
While mom enjoyed her quiet time in her room, she also appreciated the opportunities to socialize around the facility. She enjoyed meeting other residents as she walked the halls and shared meals with them in the dining room. . . mom was thankful she could have her own friends visit and occasionally join her for meals . . .
Not only was our mom’s stay here a positive experience for her, it was also a positive experience for us. We were impressed by your dedicated staff. Our minds were at ease because we knew she was receiving the best care, and the staff was compassionate and attentive to her needs.
View Our Brochure Online
Tour Our Assisted Living Options
Would you like to meet our staff and see our properties in person? Click below for a tour.