Do you have a passion for creating great food? If so John Ganton’s Countryside is looking for you.
Kitchen Manager Duties:
- Ethusiastically represent the brand and company values by engaging in positive gestures of respect, courtesy and kindness to internal and external guests consistent.
- Provide support and reporting to the General Manager and coworkers in the implementation and monitoring of fiscal budgets respective to kitchen operations to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for the kitchen.
- Ensure the profitability of location by operating within established guidelines and requirements for labor, and controllable costs.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, training, execution, and measurement of performance standards within the kitchen operations.
- Ensures all coworkers can clearly, accurately, and passionately describe menu offerings to residents
- Ensure all coworkers are adequately trained at all stations within the kitchen, weekly/monthly inventory duties, year-round and specialty food menu, and policies and procedures for food preparation, cleaning, and side work responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge of kitchen operating equipment and shares food preparation and cooking knowledge with coworkers in efforts to provide continuous learning experiences.
- Responsible for communicating side work assignments to coworkers and ensuring checklists and side work is completed before coworkers clock out. Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Maintain a clean, friendly and welcoming environment, specifically responsible for maintaining cleanliness and properly stocked items in the back-of-house of the kitchen, including office (common coworker areas), and storage areas, as assigned.
- Accountable for kitchen organization, sanitation practices, and overall cleanliness, including scheduling regular maintenance and cleaning. Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in a clean, working condition in order to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Properly identifies, stocks, and dates prepped products and takes an active role in quality control of all food items. Maintains knowledge of all product/inventory in freezers and coolers, and assists in ensuring that all product/inventory are properly rotated to maintain freshness.
- Ensures all coworkers diligently follow statutory hygiene requirements.Create coworker schedules to fit a dynamic dining experience. Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are properly staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met. Approves/denies shift exchanges and special scheduling requests.
Kitchen Manager Requirments and Skills:
- High school Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience is required. Culinary degree or course certification from an accredited culinary program is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of cooking experience in the hospitality. Demonstrated experience in scheduling and staffing required.
- One (1) year of management experience in a high-volume retirement community or hospitality environment is preferred.
- Ability to apply cooking techniques to produce creative food dishes. (i.e.: knife skills, carving skills, basic sauces, etc.)
- Ability to mentor and work as a leader of a team, ability to work in high stress situations. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, multiple tasks, and changing conditions. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Ability to interact professionally, with civility, and effectively with coworkers, residents, and guest.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines without direct supervision.
- Proficient use in Microsoft (Excel, Word) and Google Documents/Forms required. Ability to track inventory using a spreadsheet and perform basic data entry with strict attention to detail. Must possess basic financial skills.